[Nesabes] Job Opening: Program Coordinator in Everett
apovenmire at necc.mass.edu
Wed Aug 24 10:41:51 EDT 2011
Everett Adult Learning Center Program Coordinator
The Everett Adult Learning Center is a well-established adult education program, under the auspices of the Office of Human Services, in the City of Everett, MA. Our aim is to empower individuals to lead productive lives by increasing literacy and life skills. We encourage life-long learning and quality of life by providing high quality educational programs for adults seeking basic literacy, including English for non-native speakers of English. We are seeking a program coordinator who is committed to literacy and is an energetic leader with strong and effective management and grant writing, skills.
The ESOL Coordinator will oversee day-to-day management of the Everett Adult Learning Center, including curriculum development in accordance with the MA Department of Education frameworks. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Oversee Intake, assessment, follow-up, referrals to other programs as appropriate;
* Develop an assessment system to pre and post test students and evaluate student progress throughout the year;
* Collect attendance info from instructors, insure accuracy of data, and work closely with
SMARTT Data Entry Assistant to properly enter data;
* Develop Curriculum which aligns with the DESE frameworks;
* Oversee Curriculum and organize orders for books and teaching material
* Coordinate teacher meetings and staff development activities;
* Assist instructors in materials, supplies, and textbooks selections;
* Guide instructors in the preparation of lesson plans;
* Attend at least 12 hours of professional development activities per year
* Participate in required general staff meetings, statewide and regional meetings;
* Attend relevant DESE, SABES, staff and program development activities;
* Oversee programmatic Goal Setting procedures and collaborate with the Counselor;
* New hires will attend the SABES New staff Orientation;
* Any other duties as assigned by the Director.
* MA. in education, counseling, or related field or BA and extensive experience
* Experience working with adult education programs and adult learner populations
* Familiarity with the requirements of DESE-funded programs and the MA Curriculum Frameworks
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Sensitivity to cultural, socioeconomic, gender related issues.
* Familiarity with the requirements of ADA and required accommodations
* Ability to develop an integrated ESOL curriculum
* Supervisory experience
Salary: $45,185.12 (full time) with excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to Human Resources Department, City of Everett, 484 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149 or email hr at ci.everett.ma.us Applications will be accepted until position is filled. The City of Everett is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alisa Vlahakis Povenmire
Director, Northeast SABES
Center for Adult Education Programs and Practitioners
Northern Essex Community College at the Riverwalk
360 Merrimack Street
Building 9, Entry K, 4th Floor
Lawrence, MA 01843
apovenmire at necc.mass.edu<mailto:apovenmire at necc.mass.edu>
SABES: Training Leaders in Adult Basic Education
SABES promotes high quality adult basic education services through training, support, and resources that improve the skills and knowledge of practitioners and strengthen programs.
For more information on the System for Adult Basic Education Support (SABES), please go to: www.sabes.org or http://sabes.org/northeast
Northeast SABES is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and is supported by Northern Essex Community College.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NEsabes