[Nesabes] FW: Job posting
pball at necc.mass.edu
Thu Dec 10 15:47:56 EST 2009
This is a posting to a listserv: PLEASE RESPOND ONLY TO CONTACT AT BOTTOM OF EMAIL. Do not reply to this email directly!! Thank you
Seeking ESOL Conversation Instructor: Multilevel Class, Levels 1-3, Thursday evening, 6-8:30 plus additional meeting and professional development time.
General Statement of Duties
The ESOL Instructor promotes a student-centered approach to teaching. This approach enables students to learn what they want and need to learn. This student-centered approach reflects current adult learning theory reflected in the ESOL Frameworks. In this student-centered approach, students are actively involved in their own education.
* Teach English conversation to beginner level, non-native speakers in a lively, student centered manner.
* Implement the Massachusetts Frameworks for Adult Education as part of curriculum planning.
* Help students set goals, monitor goals, provide strategies and encouragement for students to attain those goals.
* Administer teacher-made assessments.
* Maintain appropriate student records and student portfolios.
* Monitor student attendance; provide follow-up on absences and report them to the counselor.
* Select and develop appropriate materials and methods that encourage student achievement.
* Provide input for planning and participation in program development activities.
* Attend at least 12 hours of professional development activities per year.
* Collaborate with peers on developing curriculum that meets the needs of students.
* When needed, refer students to counselor.
* Present lesson plans to coordinator.
* Attend common planning time and monthly staff meetings.
* Attend 15 hours of New Staff Orientation.
* Experience teaching/tutoring
* Experience working with adult learner population preferred
* Experience working with immigrant population preferred
* Ability to work as part of an educational team
* Excellent communication skills
Salary: $20.89 per hour, approx. 5 hours per week
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Asian Center of Merrimack Valley, Inc.
1 Ballard Way Lawrence
Lawrence, MA 01843
Attn: Laura Qualliotine, ESOL Coordinator
Or Email: lqualliotine at necc.mass.edu<mailto:lqualliotine at necc.mass.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NEsabes